Large Distribution Pillars
Large distribution pillars are available in both glass-reinforced polycarbonate, painted 304 stainless steel, aluminium and painted zinc anneal. The glass reinforced polycarbonate enclosures are painted to provide enhanced UV resistance.
The standard features of all steel large distribution pillars are:
- Removable front sill for cable access during cable installation
- 110mm (55 for DIN 00 devices) mounting centres for fuse switches to provide sufficient cable clearances and operator access to switch handles
- Enclosure depths allow the feeders to be left in the open position with the door closed
- Filtered vents ensure protection rating is maintained while ensuring the temperature inside the enclosure is kept to equipment operating limits
- Busbars, neutral and earth bars are provided with roll formed threaded holes to facilitate the convenient mounting of additional switches and easy connection of cables.
All large commercial pillars can be supplied with accessories for the following installation types:
- Cable pit mounted with removable front cover for good cable access
- Inground frame mounted with removed front bar for good cable access
- Wall mounting
- Concrete plinth mounting
Standard commercial pillar sizes (enclosures stocked) are:
- 3 module 600A
- 5 module 800A
- 6 module 900A
- 7 module 800A and 1200A
- 9 module 800A
- A module refers to a full size switch of 100mm width. Most pillars are supplied with busbars to mount either the full modules as stated, double that number for DIN 00 (160A max) devices or a mixture of both.
- Standard pillars are also available with 1000A bus ties fitted.
- Standard spare space covers are a stock item.